One of the constant struggles for SAP users and consultants alike is the attempt to recollect transaction codes and table names that are infrequently used. Having a reliable list at your fingertips has proven to be helpful in those times of need. That concept inspired me to compile and publish a couple of ‘quick user guides’ that can be used for that purpose. I submit for your approval the first draft of a user-oriented guide: SAP Sales and Distribution – Quick Reference Guide for the User.
What is the SAP Quick Reference Guide for the User?
This SAP Quick Reference Guide:
- Is a collection of commonly used transaction codes separated out by functional area — Sales Order Processing, Logistics, and Billing.
- Contains a General section with cross-functional transactions.
- Is based upon my experience as a support consultant and contains transaction codes applicable to most common business processes.
- Is green! It’s not my favorite color. I simply used this color to help me differentiate it from the “…for the Consultant” guide which will be delivered later on in Blue, my favorite color.
What it’s not
- It ain’t pretty! That’s for sure! I typically consider myself a fairly design-focused individual. Unfortunately, the first draft of this guide is intended to deliver the content first. Future versions will hopefully be a bit easier on the eyes.
- Obviously, with a nearly infinite amount of variety in business processes, an exhaustive list of t-codes would be too extensive to be a “quick reference”.
- Many SD roles will not extend across all of these functional areas, so this guide is not targeted at one particular role; rather, it’s intended to cover most common SD functions across roles.
If you can look past the ugly, verdant exterior, I hope you can find this a useful guide to common user transactions. I plan on updating this document in the future, so if you have some input please include it in a comment and I’ll do my best to incorporate it in a future release.